United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit charity and is qualified for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our legal name is United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago, but we operate as UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago (or UCP Seguin for short). UCP Seguin’s tax identification number is 36-2894174.
Many employers will match their employees gifts to charities by various amounts, sometimes double or triple the initial donation amount. In most instances, these employers require that their employees complete a matching gift donation form and file it with your employer for the matching gift to be made. Therefore, please check with the Benefits department of your employer today to determine if they have a matching gift program for which you qualify and the requirements that need to be met for your donation to qualify.
Donor Advised Funds
A gift from your donor advised fund can be used to help in your tax and financial planning. To create a donor advised fund (DAF), you make a philanthropic gift of cash, stocks, bonds, and non-publicly traded assets like real estate to a charitable fund foundation. They hold and invests these funds for you. You are able to take a tax deduction in the tax year when you make the donation into your DAF. Then you advise the charitable fund when and where you would like to grant a gift to a qualified charitable institution. This charitable foundation will make the donation directly to the charity and will keep track of these donations. By using your DAF to make your charitable donations, you will not pay taxes on these funds and appreciated assets and are able to give gifts without impacting your current liquid cash assets.
- Contact UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago Chief Development Officer, Julie Lerch, regarding your intention to make a charitable contribution of appreciated stock.
- Inform your broker/agent that you want to donate a specific amount of appreciated stock to:
United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago
3100 South Central Avenue
Cicero, Il 60804
Account # is 036-00589 and DTC: #0013
- The donor’s financial broker or consultant will transfer the appreciated stock to UCP Seguin’s account held by Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC.:
Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., LLC
attn: Mr. Spenser Stiltz
227 W. Monroe Street, 59th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
T 312.696.7800 F 312.696.7979
Account # is 036-00589 and DTC: #0013
- Development Staff will alert UCP Seguin’s Accounting Department and Bernstein broker to expect a deposit of appreciated stock. The Bernstein broker will notify UCP Seguin once the donation is transferred.
- The donor may be required to complete a broker’s form to donate appreciated stock to United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago, EIN# 36-2894174. This is the formal request to the Broker to transfer the stock from the donor’s account to the United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago’s account with Bernstein.
Gifts From IRAs
You can use your IRA to make a tax-free gift from your Require Minimum Distribution. The IRS requires that owners of IRAs take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) each year after they reach 72 years old. This Required Minimum Distribution is taxable income. By giving a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA, a portion or the entire distribution, up to $100,000, can be donated directly to UCP Seguin. The dollars you donate will not be taxed and can be used to meet all or part of your RMD. To make a qualified charitable distribution from an IRA to UCP Seguin, you must:
- You must make a RMD beginning in the year you turn 72. See the SECURE Act for further information.
- Submit a distribution form to the IRA custodian, and request that the check be made payable directly to United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago, EIN 36-2894174, 3100 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804