UCP Seguin's Community Day Services addresses the physical and mental health, self-esteem, social activity and vocational needs of adults with developmental disabilities of all ages. UCP Seguin offers these essential services in several locations across the Greater Chicago area.
- Employment, including placement at community-based worksites as well as vocational training
- Volunteer opportunities in community venues
- Social & recreational supports utilizing inclusive venues
- Activities to build life skills such as shopping, laundry & cooking
- Engagement in educational & enrichment experiences
- Access to assistive technology to facilitate greater involvement
- Enriching opportunities for people of all abilities
- 7, soon to be 8, locations throughout the Chicago suburbs to accommodate individuals from all areas
Through the Connections Connections initiative, a state-of-the-art hybrid of the employment and life skills programs, UCP Seguin supports individuals with developmental disabilities in an increasing number of activities within smaller, community-integrated sites. Community Connections enables participants to engage in the community through work, volunteerism, learning experiences, social-recreational opportunities, the arts, fitness activities and other productive, meaningful, enriching experiences. Through the Betty Scheck Senior Center in LaGrange Park, UCP Seguin provides a wide range of age-sensitive programs and activities for seniors with disabilities.
In short, UCP Seguin’s Community Day Services provide for a more innovative, community-integrated, person-centered service and support model increasingly desired by people with developmental disabilities and their families.
|Community Connections North||3100 S Central Avenue | Cicero|
|Community Connections South||7550 W 183rd Street | Tinley Park|
|Betty Scheck Senior Center||1136 N Maple Avenue | LaGrange Park|
|CHOICE/Levinson Building||332 W Harrison Street | Oak Park|
|Community Connections Berkeley||5233 St Charles Road | Berkeley|
|CLIMB||17 E Park Boulevard | Villa Park|
|Community Connections Wheaton||503 S Carlton Avenue | Wheaton|
|COMING SOON! Community Connections Addison||1704 W Armitage Court | Addison|