In addition to our adult residential options, UCP Seguin offers additional services for adults with disabilities who live at home, either with family or on their own. These services are tailored to each individual to provide the proper level of support while allowing the individual to exercise their independence.
Home-Based Support Services
UCP Seguin’s Home-Based Support Services team delivers a comprehensive array of high-quality solutions to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families who are looking for customized options.
YOUR PROGRAM – YOUR WAY
At the heart of our program are our self-directed assistants (SDAs), who partner with families to set up personalized supports and services for the person with disabilities, including:
- Home Visits – We regularly visit families to develop a rapport with them and help link them to services that address their wants and needs.
- Individualized Service Plan – We develop a goal-driven, personalized plan to help the person with disabilities improve daily living skills and behaviors while increasing their independence and self-esteem. The original plan is revisited annually and adjusted to align with an individual’s changing needs.
- Community Networking – We coordinate referrals and transitional services based on individual needs. This includes medical, educational, recreational, day activities, and employment services.
- Home Modifications – We help families secure funding to make their homes more accessible for individuals with mobility limitations and other physical challenges.
- Personal Support Workers – We offer our expertise to families seeking in-home and community assistants, such as budgeting, grocery shopping, household management skills, and medical appointments, to enable individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community.
UCP Seguin understands caregivers’ need for downtime. It enables them to recharge and have more energy for the person in their care. However, if no one can assume their caregiving roles, they generally cannot stop. This impacts their health and the quality of care they can provide. UCP Seguin has two options for caregivers in Proviso, Oak Park, and River Forest Townships.
Weekend Respite Care
We created a solution unlike any other in the Chicago area: Respite House, a wheelchair-accessible home in west suburban Bellwood, where families can send loved ones with disabilities for a weekend and relax, knowing they are in the care of professional staff and engaged in recreational activities.
Respite House offers:
- Individualized care and support
- Around-the-clock staff
- Bedrooms with televisions
- Professional care for adults with autism
- Access to behavioral and medical staff
- Social, recreational, and community activities to integrate, enrich, and empower adults with disabilities
In-Home Respite Services
UCP Seguin also offers in-home respite services for caregivers of individuals with disabilities. This program includes activities that improve the independent-living skills of those in their care and prepare them to live outside their family home.
These services include:
- Trained staff to provide direct assistance and supervision for individuals with disabilities
- Staff-supervised social and recreational activities
- Independent-living skills training to teach meal preparation, budgeting, shopping, and other basics