The right candidates must be able to establish and maintain positive, trusting rapports with the youth, foster parents, and/or biological parents as well as with teammates, colleagues, outside providers, and the larger children's department and organizational workforce. They will be responsible for following all agency required protocols, as well as DCFS licensing standards, to ensure that each youth's safety (physical and psychological) and confidentiality is protected.
Therapists in these roles are responsible to:
- Review prior client assessments.
- Provide initial assessments.
- Provide/issue diagnoses and develop treatment plans to address specific mental health. diagnoses and associated challenges.
- Ensure ongoing and consistent clinical assessment of each client until the client is discharged from UCP Seguin's services.
In addition, therapists will:
- Create individualized treatment plans based on clinical assessments and make necessary modifications based on a clients’ strengths, needs and abilities.
- Meet with each client on a weekly basis, or as determined by a completed mental health assessment.
- Monitor each client’s progress on a monthly basis and provide quarterly treatment/progress reports to case management staff.
- Involve and advise family members of diagnoses/changes/issues/situations when appropriate.
- Act as a training resource for the Children's Foster Care department routinely on a monthly basis and also more often as-needed.
Master's degree in Psychology or related field, Licensure as a mental health therapist, . Possess a current clean LCSW or LCPC allowing practice in the State of Illinois. Evidence of continuing education in therapeutic techniques. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a clinical setting. Expertise in evidence-based practices. Must have Valid Drivers License, Certificate of Proof of Insurance and maintenance of such at minimum amount of coverage required by law.
(Bilingual is a plus but not required)
Workweek is generally Monday - Friday with flexibility for early morning and later evening appointments.
SALARY RANGE: $63,000 - $68,000