Through the Community Employment Alternatives (CEA) program, adults with developmental disabilities are placed and supported in community jobs throughout the Greater Chicago area.
The Employment team helps to develop and facilitate relationships at the work site that foster support networks for workers with disabilities. The Employment Services staff provides support in the research phase, job search, application process, orientation and on-going supports once a person has secured employment.
Job Developers offer:
- Customized employment options
- Career Counseling
- Existing connections to community business owners
- Resources to assist in work-skills enhancement
- One to one supports and assistance targeting successful job placement
Job Coaches offer:
- On-the-job training to learn and improve upon work assignments
- Support and consultation services to the employer
- Accommodations or assistive technology needed for an individual to be successful on the job
- Mobility training to help an individual become more independent
UCP Seguin supports individuals throughout Cook, DuPage, and Will counties in a variety of jobs: food service, hospitality, industrial parts assembly, recreation and fitness centers, janitorial services, maintenance, retail, and health care are just a few areas within which UCP Seguin can assist an individual to find employment.