Infinite Potential Through Assistive Technology
Infinitec is the assistive technology program of UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago. The program leverages the power of technology to advance independence and promote inclusive opportunities for children and adults with disabilities.
Infinitec provides information about assistive technology as well as training, equipment, and access to specialists and resources. The Infinitec staff creates partnerships that make the most of available resources, giving more people access to assistive technology. With its partners, Infinitec enables children and adults with disabilities to achieve "infinite potential through technology."
Since 1995, Infinitec has helped children with disabilities succeed in mainstream classrooms in school districts across Illinois and Kansas. With the help of a $367,000 grant from Ronald McDonald House Charities in 2011, services were extended to Minnesota. The membership-based program now reaches more than 1,000 districts serving nearly 1.75 million students in Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota and Pennsylvania.
- An online collection of instructional resources including more than 600 videos available through MyInfinitec.org
- Teaching resources and custom-developed training materials
- A searchable app database
- Equipment services including discount purchase programs
- National speakers appearing in local venues with inexpensive registration fees
- Over 3,000 digital textbooks and novels of accessible instructional materials
For more information, contact:
708.444.8460 x 228