Events & Community Relations Specialist
UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago believes that all people, regardless of ability, deserve to achieve their potential, advance their independence and act as full members of the community. We stop at nothing to provide life skills training, assistive technology, meaningful employment, and a place to call home for people with disabilities. We also give a home to children and adolescents, with nurturing foster care from birth to 21, including specialized care for children with behavior or medical challenges. Our specialized assistive technology and accessibility services allow us to serve more people, advancing independence and promoting inclusive opportunities for thousands of children and adults with disabilities. Infinitec, with its partners, provides invaluable training, equipment and access to specialists and resources. Our innovative programs leverage the latest technology, but the individuals we serve come first in everything we do. Our goal: life without limits for people with disabilities.
The Events & Community Relations Specialist will provide the leadership, management, and coordination of logistical elements for all revenue and non-revenue events; maintain records of event expenses and revenues as well as event attendees for events conducted by UCP Seguin; solicit event sponsorship, donations and in-kind donations for all events, including items for the silent and live auctions; insure event attendee and donor acknowledgement as appropriate to those events conducted by UCP Seguin; develop a corps of volunteers committed to positive social engagement with people with disabilities within UCP Seguin programs and services and/or committed to assist in UCP Seguin support activities; and participate as a principal member of the Development Team to enhance special events & volunteer activities, as directed by the Chief Development Officer, and in collaboration with other agency constituents.
- Provide leadership, management, and coordination of all logistical elements for all Signature, revenue and non-revenue events.
- Solicit event sponsorship, donations and in-kind donations for all events, including items for the silent and live auctions; research current and new prospects, phone call follow-up, item acquisition, etc.
- Work with the Development Team to conduct house dedications, donor recognition and other small-scale events throughout the year to assist in building a strong base of support for UCP Seguin.
- Develop a corps of community volunteers to provide hands-on support to people with disabilities within UCP Seguin programs & services, assist in the preparation and implementation of special events, various maintenance activities, clerical support activities; identify community leaders and groups that could assist with engaging diverse volunteers; present opportunities to volunteer with UCP Seguin to the community at large; manage recognition strategy for volunteers.
- Represent UCP Seguin at events and other activities (some of which are evenings and weekends) throughout the year (virtually or in person).
- Participate as a member of the Development Team and assists the Chief Development Officer and other members of the Development Team in developing and implementing overall fundraising strategies and plans, and planning and facilitating development, fundraising and public relations campaigns, ensuring effective proposals, organization, strategies, operations, materials, follow-up, reports, and assessments.
- Enhancing annual fundraising and volunteer activities by engendering support and involvement from other departments within UCP Seguin, working in collaboration with various UCP Seguin constituents to promote positive agency outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Preferred 2 years of experience in special events production, solicitation of sponsorships & in-kind donations, volunteer management, fundraising, or other related fields, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; a person who gets energy from connecting with individuals, aligning the case for support and creating opportunities for engagement.
- A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan; gravitas to challenge assumptions and stay focused on agency priorities.
- Emotionally mature with a good sense of humor and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great multitasking and time-management skills.
- Be comfortable working with people with intellectual disabilities.
Other Requirements: Drivers License and personal vehicle insurance; utilize and operate personal vehicle as necessary for position.
Salary Range $45K - $50K