UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago is an innovative, visionary, longstanding nonprofit leader in disability services. UCP Seguin is guided by the firm belief that given proper supports and therapeutic interventions, individuals with even the most severe disabilities can thrive in community-based settings. UCP Seguin seeks to attract, develop and support personnel so they are equipped to meet the challenging work of successful integration of people with disabilities into mainstream society.
Contributing to building a base of qualified service providers, UCP Seguin is offering internship opportunities to students interested in gaining practical experience, mentoring, and classroom training. Credit-seeking students are welcome with the approval of the college or university they attend.
Internships are offered in the following areas:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Case Management
- Children’s Foster Care
- Building Bridges To The Future (See Adult Services for Program description)
- Additional Opportunities are available based on student interest
Practical experience will include a variety of possible activities such as:
- Shadowing of Case Managers and other trained and qualified service providers
- Working with team in client assessment, program planning, development and tracking
- Assist with staffing preparation and participation
- Provision of supports to clients in areas of goal attainment
- Data outcome tracking
Mentoring and training opportunities will be on-going and will include required staff development training as well as the opportunity for additional training classes based on student interest.
To qualify for an Undergraduate Internship at UCP Seguin, students must meet the following criteria:
- Majoring in social work, psychology, human services, or related areas of Applied Behavioral Science with interest in working in social services after graduation
- Junior or Senior standing with 3.0 GPA or above
- Able to work 12 hours per week or more for summer, a semester or year
- Ability to type
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate a strong interest in helping others in prior work or volunteer experience in social service field
For more information, contact Andrea Hastings today!
Andi Hastings, M.A., L.CSW, ACSW