Adult Residential Services
Community Integrated Living Arrangements
UCP Seguin provides residential care to adults with developmental disabilities and other special needs in a variety of ways. UCP Seguin provides twenty-four hour residential care as well as intermittent residential care and both in-home and weekend respite care.
Our twenty-four hour care is provided in single family homes in various communities in the western suburbs of Chicago. These homes which provide a family living environment are called Community Integrated Living Arrangements or CILAs. They may be a shared living arrangement (adult foster care parent) or a shift staffed home. In UCP Seguin’s shared living arrangement homes, two to four adults with disabilities live with a person or family in the community. In UCP Seguin’s shift staffed homes, adults with disabilities live in a small group homes of up to eight residents with disabilities that are supervised 24 hours a day by UCP Seguin staff. In each case, UCP Seguin seeks to provide opportunities for the people they serve to integrate into the community so that they can live, work and socialize as their neighbors do.
- Homes are licensed by The Department of Human Services
- Homes are staffed by professionally trained staff
- Each person receives individualized program facilitation and case management
- Individuals learn community living skills in a supportive environment
- Home staff receive continuing professional training including specific training for autism spectrum disorders
- Daily living responsibilities are carried out by each individual based on their capabilities encouraging as much independence as possible
- Staff provide the appropriate amount of support in all areas of daily living including cooking, housekeeping, budgeting, and other skill areas that are suitable for the individual
- Staff support is available 24 hours a day as needed by the individual
Intermittent CILA provides case management and various supports to enable individuals who live independently in the community by providing supports such as assistance in budgeting, grocery shopping, home management, and medical appointments.
Community Supported Living Arrangements
In addition to CILA, UCP Seguin provides Community Supported Living Arrangements (CSLA) which offer adults with developmental disabilities services and supports in their own homes. UCP Seguin tailors services to meet their needs and the needs of their families. The CSLA initiative reinforces existing social networks and enables many individuals to live successfully in a house or apartment in a community with or near their families and friends. Some other services offered through CSLA include in-home habilitation, personal assistance, 24-hour emergency assistance, case coordination and service facilitation. At this time the State of Illinois has ceased to allow further admissions into this program. UCP Seguin will instead offer similar services to meet expanded community needs in its Intermittent CILA program.
To learn more about residential options at UCP Seguin, contact:
CILA - Adult Foster Parent
CILA - Shift Staff