In-Home Respite Care
UCP Seguin offers In-Home Respite Services primarily to individuals who reside in Oak Park and River Forest Townships. These services include:
- Staff to provide direct service and supervision for individuals with disabilities as a respite for parents and/or other family members
- Staff support to individuals in social and recreational activities, such as entertainment activities, pursuing hobbies, developing artistic talents, and participating in sporting events
- Functional independent living skills training, such as meal preparation, budgeting, making simple purchases, and other basic skills.
Activities included in the In-Home Respite program are designed to improve the independent living skills of individuals served, and to pave the way for future opportunities to live within the community away from their family home.
Individuals to be Served:
Individuals, age 18 and older with developmental disabilities, who otherwise have no funding to underwrite the costs of service, including:
- Individuals on UCP Seguin’s waiting list for such services from Oak Park and River Forest
- Students from Oak Park and River Forest High School in transition from school-to-adult services
- Individuals from Oak Park and River Forest for whom temporary funding for such service is being terminated
Funding is provided through the local mental health authorities in Oak Park and River Forest. As possible, UCP Seguin may be able to make arrangements for private payment to secure these services for individuals and their families in need in communities other than Oak Park or River Forest.
While these services are provided primarily to individuals living in the Oak Park and River Forest areas, they are also available through private pay for individuals that live within the greater metropolitan Chicago area.
For more information about In-Home Respite, please complete our Respite Information Form or contact: