Through UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago's Community Employment Services Department, individuals seeking assistance in acquiring or maintaining customized community employment are supported through job development and coaching from UCP Seguin staff.
The Employment Services team helps to develop and facilitate relationships at the work site that foster support networks for workers with disabilities. The Employment Services staff provides support in the research phase, job search, application process, orientation and on-going supports once a person has secured employment.
Job Developers offer:
- Customized employment options
- Career Counseling
- Existing connections to community business owners
- Resources to assist in work-skills enhancement
- One to one supports and assistance targeting successful job placement
Job Coaches offer:
- On-the-job training to learn and improve upon work assignments
- Support and consultation services to the employer
- Accommodations or assistive technology needed for an individual to be successful on the job
- Mobility training to help an individual become more independent
UCP Seguin supports individuals througout Cook, DuPage, and Will counties in a variety of jobs: food service, hospitality, industrial parts assembly, recreation and fitness centers, janitorial services, maintenance, retail, and health care are just a few areas within which UCP Seguin can assist an individual to find employment.
Community Employment Sites for UCP Seguin Participants
Click here to view a list of our current community employment sites for our UCP Seguin participants and learn a bit more about each company through their website.
If you know someone who might be interested in hiring individuals supported by UCP Seguin, contact: